Welcome to the Local Section of the Upper Midwest
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
To provide opportunities for chemical engineers in traditional and nontraditional fields for enhanced professional and personal growth.
Upcoming Local AIChE Events
- There will be an AIChE meeting at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Minneapolis in December 2014; date TBD.
- On February 5 & 6, 2015, we are hosting a short course. Please read the newsletter for more information. Contact Tom Kempf at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to reserve a spot.
- There will be a joint meeting with the AIChE members and the University of Minnesota AIChE chapter in February 2015; date TBD.
- The annual MinnTS 2015 annual joint meeting of area technical and scientific organizations will be held at Medtronic on March 19, 2015.
- The 55th Annual Regional Symposium of AIChE will take place April 10, 2015; details to follow. See the current newsletter for further details on events.
Upcoming National AIChE Events
The 2015 National AIChE Annual Meeting will be held November 8-13 in Salt Lake City, UT. Click here for more details.
- Promote excellence in chemical-engineering education and global practice.
- Advance the development and exchange of relevant knowledge.
- Uphold and advance the profession?s standards, ethics and diversity.
- Enhance the lifelong career development and financial security of chemical engineers through products, services, networking, and advocacy.
- Stimulate collaborative efforts among industry, universities, government, and professional societies.
- Encourage other engineering and scientific professionals to participate in AIChE activities.
- Advocate public policy that embraces sound technical and economic information.
- Facilitate public understanding of technical issues.
- Achieve excellence in operations.