Welcome to the Local Section of the Upper Midwest
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
To provide opportunities for chemical engineers in traditional and nontraditional fields for enhanced professional and personal growth.
Upcoming Local AIChE Events
- The next local chapter meeting is November 14th at Buhler, Inc at 5:30 for pizza then a tour from 6-7PM.
- On January 14, 2014, there is a joint meeting between ACS and AIChE and will include a tour of the World of 3M Innovations, dinner and a speaker.
- In February 2014, two short courses are being offered by AIChE at the University of Minnesota as well as a joint meeeting with the AIChE student chapter.
- The MinnTS annual joint meeting will be held on March 27, 2014 at Medtronic.
- The 54th annual regional symposium of the AIChE Upper Midwest Chapter will take place on April 4, 2014.
- See the current newsletter in the "news" section for more details on events.
Upcoming National AIChE Events
The 6th Annual Midwest Regional AIChE Conference will be held March 10-11, 2014 at the University of Illinois, Chicago.
- Promote excellence in chemical-engineering education and global practice.
- Advance the development and exchange of relevant knowledge.
- Uphold and advance the profession?s standards, ethics and diversity.
- Enhance the lifelong career development and financial security of chemical engineers through products, services, networking, and advocacy.
- Stimulate collaborative efforts among industry, universities, government, and professional societies.
- Encourage other engineering and scientific professionals to participate in AIChE activities.
- Advocate public policy that embraces sound technical and economic information.
- Facilitate public understanding of technical issues.
- Achieve excellence in operations.