Welcome to the Local Section of the Upper Midwest
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
To provide opportunities for chemical engineers in traditional and nontraditional fields for enhanced professional and personal growth.
Upcoming Local AIChE Events
- The next meeting will be Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at the University of Minnesota; this will be a joint meeting between the University of Minnesota AIChE Student Chapter and the Uppoer Midwest Chapter. The event will include dinner and a speaker.
- The MinnTS annual joint meeting will be held on March 27, 2014 from 5-9 PM at Medtronic. Please click on this link to register or find out further details.
- The 54th annual regional symposium of the AIChE Upper Midwest Chapter will take place on April 4, 2014. Please click on the PayPal button to pay for the event. Cost is $35/$12 for professionals/students prior to March 28 and $40/$15 March 28 on.
- See the current newsletter for further details on events.
Upcoming National AIChE Events
The 6th Annual Midwest Regional AIChE Conference will be held March 10-11, 2014 at the University of Illinois, Chicago.
- Promote excellence in chemical-engineering education and global practice.
- Advance the development and exchange of relevant knowledge.
- Uphold and advance the profession?s standards, ethics and diversity.
- Enhance the lifelong career development and financial security of chemical engineers through products, services, networking, and advocacy.
- Stimulate collaborative efforts among industry, universities, government, and professional societies.
- Encourage other engineering and scientific professionals to participate in AIChE activities.
- Advocate public policy that embraces sound technical and economic information.
- Facilitate public understanding of technical issues.
- Achieve excellence in operations.